Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Sweet Potato Casserole
Turn an old favorite into a perfectly infused dish by substituting the recipe’s butter for cannabutter. This infused Sweet Potato Casserole is sure to add a little extra “zing” to your holiday time meals.
Be sure when serving any dish infused with cannabis that all guests know, and are aware of the dose per serving. Never allow infused dishes to be in the reach of children or those under the age of 21.
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (see our recipe for cannabutter here)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A bag of mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Prepare sweet potatoes: Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Cook over medium-high heat until
tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash drained sweet potatoes with a fork. Add eggs; mix until well combined. Add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt; mix until
smooth. Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top with small marshmallows to add a bit of extra sweetness.
- Bake until the marshmallows are a golden brown, around 30 minutes.
Remember to go low and start slow when eating any edible cannabis product. A general rule of thumb is that you can always take more of an infused food, but you can’t take less!
Get Your Medical Cannabis Certification
Learn more about getting your medical cannabis certification by reaching out to us at Compassionate Clinics of America. We will discuss your medical concerns and whether cannabis is right for you and guide you through the process of getting your medical cannabis certification, or recertification, so that you can access the best products found in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Oklahoma dispensaries. Our helpful, compassionate, board-certified, and qualified medical practitioners and staff are on-hand to help you navigate medical cannabis so that you’re pointed in the right direction toward better health and wellness.