Medical Cannabis Certifications in New Jersey
Make your health and wellness priorities. Don’t let the uncertainty of where to begin with the medical marijuana certification process hinder your journey toward a better quality of life. For residents of New Jersey, Compassionate Clinics of America is the first step to a rewarding path toward health and wellness.
We are proud to offer easy, efficient, and affordable Medical Cannabis Certifications in New Jersey.
Have you been thinking about a medical marijuana card but feeling hesitant to start the process? Let Compassionate Clinics of America help. We have the swiftest turnaround in the state, connecting you to a network of qualified physicians and health care practitioners that will help you through the process of obtaining your medical marijuana certification in New Jersey. We recommend you take advantage of our patient education series where we regularly upload helpful articles on research to help you in your medical cannabis journey.
Telemedicine Appointments Available
Access qualified healthcare practitioners that will walk you through the medical cannabis certification process from the comfort of your home. Our network of prescribing practitioners are registered within the state of New Jersey to provide you with your medical cannabis certification. Click the link below to access our online form to book your appointment.
Qualifying for a Medical Cannabis Certification in New Jersey
In order to get a medical cannabis recommendation and legally purchase cannabis products from dispensaries in New Jersey, some basic qualifications must be met:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Be an New Jersey resident with proof of residency, which includes a current New Jersey government-issued ID or two proofs of residency
- If you do not have a current New Jersey state issued ID reflecting your physical address you made provide two other proofs of residency from the list below:
- a utility or cell phone bill from the last 90 days
- a W-2, 1099 Statement, Form 1098, or other correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the New Jersey Division of Taxation from the last year that shows patient’s name and address (We do not accept a Form 1040 or Form 1095)
- Property tax bill, jury summons, Social Security Administration documents, or other federal, state, or local government correspondence issued in the last 90 days that shows patient’s name and address
- last three monthly bank statements showing the patient’s name and address
- last three consecutive pay stubs
- an official deed
- Patient Photo (head and shoulders photo on a plain background (selfie is OK).)
- taken within the last 60 days
- taken against a plain, white background
- taken without a hat, or glasses
- taken with eyes open and facial expression neutral
- taken without filters
- taken without filters
- Diagnosis of a qualifying medical condition
- Have certification from a physician (Once approved by the state-certified physician, you will receive your NJMMP Registry ID and Reference Number from the doctor which you will use to register with the state of New Jersey here: https://njmmp.nj.gov/njmmp/)
Within 30 days, the NJ DOH will contact you via email with your approval information. If approved, you will be required to pay the $50 state registration fee and your card will come in the mail in 7-10 business days. Once you have your card in hand, you can begin purchasing medical marijuana legally from your local NJ dispensaries.
Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Cannabis Certification in New Jersey
- ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intractable Skeletal Spasticity
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Seizure disorders including epilepsy
- A terminal illness with a prognosis of fewer than 12 months to live
- Tourette Syndrome
Like many other states, New Jersey is adding opioid use disorder to the condition list due to the epidemic concerning prescription painkillers.
Get More from Your Medical Cannabis Certification in New Jersey
One of the biggest parts of medical cannabis is getting to understand how your body responds to different types of cannabis products and cannabinoids, to help you tailor your medical cannabis experience to your desired outcomes. Using DNA testing, we examine your specific DNA biomarkers to determine the right strains and dosage for your specific genes and metabolism. Our test kits are available for purchase on our website. This unique service is designed to maximize the potential of medicinal cannabis for each individual patient.
More Information on Medical Cannabis Certification in New Jersey
Being a registered Medicinal Cannabis Program (MCP) patient comes with a responsibility to be compliant with New Jersey cannabis-related laws and regulations. Adherence to the law will minimize health risks, and prevent legal infractions.
- Patients and caregivers should carry proper identification, including MCP cards, at all times.
- Medicinal cannabis should be kept in its original labeled packaging.
- Patients are encouraged to use medicinal cannabis only at home.
- Keep medicinal cannabis at home and only transport it when absolutely necessary. Understand that the smell cannabis could attract law enforcement attention.
- Do not share your dose with anyone. Medicinal cannabis is intended solely for the consumption of the registered patient.
- Do not smoke on federal lands, or in federal buildings.
- Do not smoke in a private vehicle in motion.
- The law does not currently permit home grow. Patients and caregivers are not permitted to grow cannabis or be in possession of a cannabis plant.
- Do not operate an automobile, aircraft, railroad train, stationary heavy equipment or a vessel while under the influence of medicinal cannabis.
- Do not transport medicinal cannabis across state lines.
- Return unwanted medicinal cannabis to an ATC. The person returning the cannabis for disposal should present a valid registry identification card, a New Jersey driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID.
Recreational Marijuana Taxes in New Jersey
6.625% sales tax (proposed)
Medical Marijuana Taxes in New Jersey
2% (0% after July 2022)
The cost for a medical cannabis certification in New Jersey is $159. The renewal fee for a medical cannabis certification is $119. Compassionate Clinics of America offers Sezzle as a payment plan for certifications and renewals. The State of New Jersey also requires a $50 state registration fee.
Questions About Medical Cannabis Certification in New Jersey?
Feel free to connect with us anytime at [email protected] or call us at (833) 310-0999.
For Frequently Asked Questions specific to the New Jersey medical cannabis program, please click this link: