Infused Salted Butter and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Are you looking for a tasty springtime dessert? Try this recipe infused with cannabis. You’re sure to have a smile on your face. This cannabis-infused recipe is easy-to-make and doesn’t require too much time.
- 1/2 cup & 2 tbsps. salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused sugar
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz. semisweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- Demerara sugar (for rolling)
- Flaky sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat both butters, all sugars (except the demerara), and vanilla on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about three to five minutes.
- Using a spatula, scrape down sides of bowl. With the mixer on a low speed, slowly add flour, followed by chocolate chunks, and beat just to blend.
- Divide the dough in half, then place each half on a large piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over to cover dough, and shape into 1 3/4-inch to 2-inch logs. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Brush logs with the beaten egg. Roll them in demerara sugar and slice into 1/3-inch thick rounds. Arrange rounds one inch apart on greased baking sheets, or baking sheets lined with parchment or silicone mats.
- Sprinkle the tops with sea salt. Bake cookies until edges are just beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Make canna-butter at least one day ahead of time:
- Add water and 1 pound of butter to a saucepan and simmer at low heat. As the butter melts, add in 1 ounce of your decarboxylated ground cannabis.
- Maintain low heat and let mixture simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cannabis-infused butter in airtight container and keep in the fridge to harden.
- Cannabis Tincture
- White granulated
- Brown sugar
- Coconut sugar
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Cane Sugar
- Add 4 cups of sugar into a glass bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cannabis tincture and mix well with the sugar.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, and even spread the sugar over the parchment paper in a thin layer.
- Let stand overnight.
- Using a solid object, like a bottle, can or the bottom of a glass, crush up the cannabis sugar to remove the lumps. You can also do this step in a food processor or blender.
- Store the weed-infused sugar in a cool dry place.
- 1 Ounce Cannabis decarbed
- 2 Cups Everclear (or other high proof alcohol)
- Place the decarbed cannabis in a plastic bucket
- Crush the plant material using a stick of clean, untreated wood or any other similar device.
- Continue to crush the cannabis, while adding 1 cup everclear until the plant material is completely covered and soaked. Stir the mixture for about three minutes. As you stir the mixture, the cannabinoids will begin dissolving off the plant into the solvent.
- Strain the solvent mixture into another bucket. At this point, you have stripped the material of about 80% of its THC.
- Repeat this process for the second wash. Again add 1 cup everclear to the plant material and work for another three minutes to extract the remaining THC.
- Strain this new solvent mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was previously separated.
- Discard the twice washed plant material.
- Pour the solvent mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container.
- Boil the solvent off in a safe environment. A rice cooker will boil the solvent off nicely. CAUTION: the solvent is flammable and the vapors toxic. Avoid stove-tops, red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes, and open flames as the fumes can be extremely dangerous.
- Add solvent to rice cooker and turn on heat. Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. If you can complete this step outside.
- Continue to add mixture to cooker as the solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.
- Continue to reduce the liquid until you have roughly 1 cup liquid left.
- Place in a container or jar and let stand for at least 24 hours.