Medical Cannabis Certifications in Maryland
Make your health and wellness priorities. Don’t let the uncertainty of where to begin with the medical marijuana certification process hinder your journey toward a better quality of life. For residents of Maryland, Compassionate Clinics of America is the first step to a rewarding path toward health and wellness.
We are proud to offer easy, efficient, and affordable Medical Cannabis Certifications in Maryland.
Have you been thinking about a medical marijuana card but feeling hesitant to start the process? Let Compassionate Clinics of America help. We have the swiftest turnaround in the state, connecting you to a network of qualified physicians and health care practitioners that will help you through the process of obtaining your medical marijuana certification in Maryland. We recommend you take advantage of our patient education series where we regularly upload helpful articles on research to help you in your medical cannabis journey.
Telemedicine Appointments Available
Access qualified healthcare practitioners that will walk you through the medical cannabis certification process from the comfort of your home. Our network of prescribing practitioners are registered within the state of Maryland to provide you with your medical cannabis certification. Click the button below to access our online form to book your appointment.
Qualifying for a Medical Cannabis Certification in Maryland
In order to get a medical cannabis recommendation and legally purchase cannabis products from dispensaries in Maryland, some basic qualifications must be met:
- Must be 18 years or older (Minor patients (under the age of 18) are required to have at least one caregiver at all times, who is a parent or guardian of the minor. A minor patient may have up to four caregivers, two of whom are a parent/guardian, and two additional adults over the age of 21 designated by a parent or guardian.)
- Be a Maryland resident with proof of residency. If the identification you provide is not a Maryland driver’s license or MVA ID Card OR does not identify your current address, you must also provide two of the following documents as proof of your current Maryland address:
- MVA registration card or title
- MVA change of address card
- Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill
- Bank account statement
- Property tax bill
- Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (Deed, Title, Bill of Sale)
- Major credit card bill (Visa, MasterCard, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.)
- Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures).
- Selective Service Card
- Federal, state or local government mail issued by the state of Maryland (ie. Social Security, social services)
- Car insurance policy
- Paystubs (dated within 90 days)
- W-2 statements
- State of Maryland Health Insurance issued documents (ie. Medicaid, Medicare, Maryland Health Connection)
- Patient Photo (An electronic copy of a clear, recent photograph. We strongly recommend using a free, highly-rated passport photo app widely available for download via the App Store, Google Play Store or anywhere apps are available.)
NOTE: Generally, the photo should look like a driver’s license or passport photo. Specifically, it must be a clear, color photo of the patient’s unobscured face taken within the last six months to reflect the patient’s current appearance and feature a plain white or off-white background. The patient must be clothed, directly facing the camera with both eyes open and should have either a neutral facial expression or a natural smile. The patient must not be wearing a hat, head covering, sunglasses or dark glasses.
- The file must be an image file (.jpg) no larger than 3 MB in size and may not be digitally enhanced or altered in a way that changes the patient’s appearance.
- Diagnosis of a qualifying medical condition
- Have certification from a physician
Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Cannabis Certification in Maryland
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe nausea
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
Get More from Your Medical Cannabis Certification in Maryland
One of the biggest parts of medical cannabis is getting to understand how your body responds to different types of cannabis products and cannabinoids, to help you tailor your medical cannabis experience to your desired outcomes. Using DNA testing, we examine your specific DNA biomarkers to determine the right strains and dosage for your specific genes and metabolism. Our test kits are available for purchase on our website. This unique service is designed to maximize the potential of medicinal cannabis for each individual patient.
More Information on Medical Cannabis Certification in Maryland
The cost for a medical cannabis certification in Maryland is $199. The renewal fee for a medical cannabis certification is $149. Compassionate Clinics of America offers Sezzle as a payment plan for certifications and renewals. **For newly submitted applications and renewals, the $25 fee is non-refundable.**
Questions About Medical Cannabis Certification in Maryland?
Feel free to connect with us anytime at [email protected] or call us at (833) 317-4437.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Maryland medical cannabis program can be found here: