Medical Cannabis Certifications in Louisiana
Make your health and wellness priorities. Don’t let the uncertainty of where to begin with the medical marijuana certification process hinder your journey toward a better quality of life. For residents of Louisiana, Compassionate Clinics of America is the first step to a rewarding path toward health and wellness.
We are proud to offer easy, efficient, and affordable Medical Cannabis Certifications in Louisiana.
Have you been thinking about a medical marijuana card but feeling hesitant to start the process? Let Compassionate Clinics of America help. We have the swiftest turnaround in the state, connecting you to a network of qualified physicians and health care practitioners that will help you through the process of obtaining your medical marijuana certification in Louisiana. We recommend you take advantage of our patient education series where we regularly upload helpful articles on research to help you in your medical cannabis journey.
Telemedicine Appointments Available
Access qualified healthcare practitioners that will walk you through the medical cannabis certification process from the comfort of your home. Our network of prescribing practitioners are registered within the state of Louisiana to provide you with your medical cannabis certification. Click the button below to access the online form to book your appointment.
Qualifying for a Medical Cannabis Certification in Louisiana
In order to get a medical cannabis recommendation and legally purchase cannabis products from dispensaries in Louisiana, some basic qualifications must be met:
You must be aged 18 or over to qualify for medical cannabis in Louisiana. Those under 18 can still qualify for a medical marijuana certificate, but will need a caregiver. When it comes to those aged under 18 with autism, a pediatric specialist and a caregiver is needed to sign off on the minor patient being certified.
You must fulfill the following Louisiana medical marijuana requirements to be eligible for medical cannabis in the state:
- You must be a resident of Louisiana.
- A medical marijuana doctor licensed by and in good standing with the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners must issue a marijuana recommendation
Minors with a qualifying health condition and lawful access to medical cannabis must leave school grounds to medicate.
Information for Caregivers:
- Caregivers must be aged 21 or over.
- Caregivers must fill out their own application form, and must be listed on the patient’s application form as well.
- Caregivers must be free from a criminal felony involving controlled substances.
- Louisiana law only allows caregivers if the parent is the patient’s parent. A pediatrician or pediatric subspecialist will need to sign off on the recommendation as well.
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Cannabis Certification in Louisiana
- Any of the following neurodegenerative diseases and conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Huntington’s disease
- Lewy body dementia
- Motor neuron disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Seizure disorders
- Severe muscle spasms
- Intractable pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Any of the following conditions associated with autism spectrum disorder:
- Repetitive or self-stimulatory behavior of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized
- Avoidance of others or inability to communicate of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized
- Self-injuring behavior
- Physically aggressive or destructive behavior
- Traumatic brain injury
- A concussion diagnosed by a physician
- Chronic pain associated with fibromyalgia
- Chronic pain associated with sickle cell disease
- Any condition for which a patient is receiving hospice care or palliative care
- Any condition not otherwise specified in this Subparagraph that a physician, in his medical opinion, considers debilitating to an individual patient and is qualified through his medical education and training to treat.
Get More from Your Medical Cannabis Certification in Louisiana
One of the biggest parts of medical cannabis is getting to understand how your body responds to different types of cannabis products and cannabinoids, to help you tailor your medical cannabis experience to your desired outcomes. Using DNA testing, we examine your specific DNA biomarkers to determine the right strains and dosage for your specific genes and metabolism. Our test kits are available for purchase on our website. This unique service is designed to maximize the potential of medicinal cannabis for each individual patient.
More Information on Medical Cannabis Certification in Louisiana
The state does not require patients to register or receive a medical marijuana card that is carried. Instead, the physician will fax patient certifications directly to the dispensary of your choice, showing the patient has been assessed as eligible.
When you go to your dispensary, staff will verify your recommendation in the Prescription Monitoring Program database. Please note that prescriptions need to be refilled every 90 days, which Compassionate clinics of America can help you with.
In Louisiana, patients will need to recertify their license annually by seeing a licensed physician again. We’ll let you know when your card is approaching its expiration and you can book your appointment with us.
The cost for a medical cannabis certification in Louisiana is $199. The renewal fee for a medical cannabis certification is $149. Compassionate Clinics of America offers Sezzle as a payment plan for certifications and renewals.
Questions About Medical Cannabis Certification in Louisiana?
Feel free to connect with us anytime at [email protected] or call us at (833) 317-4311.
For specific questions about the Louisiana Medical Marijuana program, visit the state page below: