Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Who doesn’t love a delicious, warm, and creamy pasta dish on cold autumn nights? Taste the best of the season, while consuming your cannabis medicine with this Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pasta Sauce Recipe. Cannabis edibles, and infusing your medical marijuana into the foods you’d regularly eat is a great way to get your cannabis medication once you’ve gotten your medical cannabis certification from Compassionate Clinics of America’s Illinois, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Oklahoma services.
This Cannabis-Infused Pasta Sauce recipe is guaranteed to please the palate and the Endocannabinoid System. There are a few ways you can infuse this recipe:
- Using cannabutter (check out our recipe here)
- Adding cannabis oils or the concentrate of your choice
- Infusing the cream or half-cream that the recipe calls for
Before you get cooking, check out our helpful articles on consuming cannabis edibles and some cannabis concentrates that you may consume:
- Consuming Edibles: How Terpenes and Cannabinoids Metabolize in the Gut
- Consuming Cannabis Concentrates: Tips, Tricks & Techniques
Be sure to be aware of your dosing, and how many milligrams of cannabis products will be in every serving. Start low, and go slow for the best edibles experience.
Without further ado, here is our delicious fall cannabis-infused recipe:
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp butter (cannabutter recipe above)
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup chicken broth (can be substituted)
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
Pinch cayenne pepper
Freshly cracked black pepper
2 Tbsp half & half or cream
8 oz. pasta
- Begin boiling a large pot of water for your pasta. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and boil until al dente (7-10 minutes). Drain in a colander.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce. Mince two cloves of garlic and add them to a large skillet with one tablespoon of butter. Sauté over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin purée and chicken broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Add the nutmeg, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Stir in the spices and let the sauce simmer over medium-low heat while the pasta cooks (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking and is draining in a colander, add the half and half or cream to the skillet and stir it into the pumpkin sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed (this will depend on the type of broth you use).
- Finally, stir the drained pasta in to the sauce and serve.
Explore Medical Marijuana with Compassionate Clinics of America
Getting your medical cannabis card in Illinois, Oklahoma, Missouri, or Pennsylvania allows you to legally purchase, possess, and consume cannabis products. Our clinic works with patients across these four states to address medical concerns and conditions, and whether medical marijuana is the right approach. If you or a loved one would like to explore medical cannabis certification in Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, or Missouri, reach out to our clinic and talk to one of our compassionate and qualified medical practitioners to see if medical cannabis is right for you.