Cool Off with Cannabis Infused Popsicles
Keep your Cool and stay Elevated this summer with our Cannabis Infused Popsicles recipe!
1. In a food processor, combine:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple or stevia to taste
- 4 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp of cbd oil recipe (which comes out to approximately 50mgs CBD) and 2 tsp of the cannabis infused coconut oil (which comes out to about 60mgs THC)
A 1:1 ratio is suggested, but you can adjust the dosage in this recipe as needed.
2. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the blueberry mixture into each section of the mold
3. Freeze for 15 minutes
4. Rinse out the food processor and combine:
- Remaining can of coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
5. Pour into the mold to about ⅔ full
6. Freeze for 15 minutes
7. Rinse out the food processor and puree:
- 3/4 lb. fresh strawberries.
8. Freeze for 1 hr
9. Insert sticks
10. Freeze for another 4 hours
Remember to always start low and go slow, even if you are 99% sure you know how potent you made these and what your perfect dose. Accidents happen!
Homemade CBD Oil Recipe
Step 1: Order CBD Flower or Trim
Step 2: Decarboxylate CBD
The Nova and the “Double Decarb?”
To get a 100% decarboxylation on my CBD flower material, the best results have been found using the Nova Decarboxylator from Ardent Cannabis, which can set you back about $260.
To decarboxylate CBD in a Nova, you have to run two cycles.
- Weigh out 28 grams of CBD Flower and hit the button once and it turns red. (1 oz (28 grams) for every 2 cups of coconut oil will yield approximately 30mg CBD per teaspoon.
- Once it goes back to green you press the button again and it will turn red again.
- After the light turns green again, your plant material is fully decarboxylated.
Step 3: Infuse Your CBD Oil
- While this can be done with many different types of oil, my favorite for potency and flavor is coconut oil. Sub out olive, avocado, MCT, or ghee/butter if you’re not a coconut fan or have an allergy.
- For the infusion step, Magical Butter MB2 is highly recommended you can also use a crockpot. If using a crockpot make sure to add the plant material after adding your coconut oil so the plant material does not overheat while the crockpot heats up.
- Once the magical butter machine has completed its cycle, use the MB2 micron filter to filter out the plant material.
Cannabis Coconut Oil Recipe
Step 1: Decarboxylate your cannabis
Always decarboxylate your cannabis before making cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter. The best results have been found using the Nova Decarboxylator from Ardent Cannabis, which can set you back about $260.
Step 2: Infuse the coconut oil
- Combine the following in a crockpot on warm or low (warm is usually sufficient in most crockpots): *Try to keep oil near 160°-180f for best results*
- Add: 1 Cup Organic Decarboxylated Cannabis (about 7g or 1/4 oz.) [dosage note: At 20% THC this works out to about 29 mg THC per teaspoon. If you work with stronger cannabis, say 30% THC, each teaspoon would be about 42 mg THC per teaspoon.]
- Stir every half hour or so.
- After about 2 hours of heating and steeping, turn off the crockpot and allow the oil to cool before moving onto the next step.
Step 3: Strain Your Oil
- Set up your strainer so it fits snugly in a container. Line with a large piece of cheesecloth.
- Slowly pour plant matter and oil into the strainer.
- Using a string or twist tie, gather the cheesecloth around the plant matter and secure it.
- Pour oil into a pint jar and place it in the fridge until cool. Seal with a lid. Store in refrigerator or in a cool, dark place.