Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Hot Apple Cider
As the air grows crisp, there’s nothing quite like the comforting embrace of a warm cup of hot apple cider.
When you get your medical cannabis card with Compassionate Clinics of America, we’re all about helping you find creative and delicious ways of elevating your well-being through your cannabis medicine, and what better way to do that than with a soothing, cannabis-infused hot apple cider?
This Cannabis-Infused Hot Apple Cider recipe takes some patience, but we promise, as soon as you take a sip of that first cup, you’ll see it was worth the wait. To make this recipe infused, we recommend that you visit your local dispensary with your medical cannabis card and purchase a tincture that meets your ideal dosage and contains your favorite blend of terpenes.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment You’ll Need
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Sharp Knife
Ingredients To Get Ready
- 4 cups of your favorite ready-made apple cider
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cloves
- Cannabis Tincture of your choice (be aware of how much you put in and what the approximate dose per cup will be)
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Hot Apple Cider
- Start by pouring the fresh apple cider into your trusty slow cooker.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, thinly sliced apple, and cloves into the slow cooker with the apple cider.
- Create your spice bundle by placing the remaining spices in the middle of a sheet of cheesecloth. Use an elastic to wrap them up securely.
- Drop the cheesecloth spice bundle into the slow cooker and set it to medium heat. This is where the magic begins and your kitchen will begin to smell like a fall paradise.
- Once the liquid reaches a gentle boil, it’s time to infuse your cider with the cannabis tincture of your choice. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together your cannabis tincture and brown sugar until they form a harmonious blend. Then, add this mixture to your simmering cider.
- Let all the ingredients mingle and meld in the slow cooker for one to two hours.
- After the infusion process is complete, carefully remove the cheesecloth spice bundle from the liquid. Gently squeeze out any remaining liquid before discarding it in the trash.
- Set your slow cooker to its lowest setting, keeping your freshly made cannabis-infused apple cider steaming hot and ready to enjoy.
Remember, when it comes to cannabis edibles and beverages, the golden rule is to go “low and slow.” It’s essential to start with a small serving and wait at least two hours before considering a second helping.
Make Your Own Edibles and Infused Beverages with Medical Cannabis
This recipe for Cannabis-Infused Hot Apple Cider is not only a delicious treat but also a testament to the versatility and potential benefits of this remarkable plant. Whether you’re exploring the world of medical cannabis or already have your medical cannabis card, this recipe offers a delightful way to experience its soothing effects.
Connect with Compassionate Clinics of America if you or a loved one is considering getting a medical cannabis card in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, & West Virginia,. There are several benefits of having your medical cannabis card, even if you live in a state where recreational cannabis is legal. We put education at the forefront of our practice, so also be sure to check out our blog where we release weekly posts about some of the latest research on medical cannabis.