We offer all necessary services for the Illinois Medical Cannabis Card at each of our clinic locations. Our team will guide you every step of the way!

Medical Cannabis Certifications

Whether an existing diagnosis exists or one is needed, our doctors can help patients with every step of the process to get them certified for the Illinois medical cannabis Pilot Program, or the Opioid Alternative Pilot Program. Our team handles everything from new applications, to renewals, allotment increases, and more. We process the entire applications on your behalf, and help everyone including standard patients, veterans, minors, and caregivers.

PTSD Diagnosis

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a severely debilitating medical condition characterized by night terrors, flashbacks to traumatic event, fear, anxiety, stress and insomnia. Cannabis has been shown to be effective in treating symptoms of PTSD and is now a qualifying condition in the state of Illinois. Our healthcare team at Compassionate Clinics of America can guide you through getting your cannabis card and trying a new form of treatment that many prefer over traditional antidepressant and benzodiazepine drug treatment.

Medical Cannabis Patient Consultations

Aftercare is a huge concern for many participating in the Illinois Medical Cannabis, or Opioid Alternative Pilot Program. That is why our healthcare specialists offer a wide range of consulting services in order to help people determine what cannabis products are best suited for each individual, according to their own unique symptoms, ailments and needs.


Massage therapy is an effective treatment modality to reduce stress, pain and muscle tension. It is increasingly being recommended for a wide variety of conditions ranging from cancer to Crohn’s Disease, chronic pain and fibromyalgia, to name a few. At Compassionate Clinics of America, our licensed and highly trained massage therapists will help identify areas of tension and work towards releasing that tension and allowing you to live a free, healthier and happier life.


Reiki is an effective healing modality originating from Eastern Asia some thousands of years ago. Practitioners help exploit vital life force energy to help patients suffering from a variety of physical, mental and spiritual disease. A formative and developing therapy, our Compassionate Clinics of America strive to provide the most efficacious and informative Reiki services in Illinois.

Yoga Classes

Yoga practice has its roots in ancient Eastern culture, primarily from India. Yoga practice is rooted in breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures to help ground one’s energy and promote health, wellness and relaxation.


This section is where you will find the answers to the most common questions regarding obtaining a medical cannabis certification in the state of Illinois. You may also contact Compassionate Clinics of America at (888) 372-0325. Additional information may be found by contacting the State Of Illinois Department of Public Health at (855) 636-3688.

My registry identification card does not expire until next year. Can I get an extension form now?

No. In most states, you should receive a letter or notification from your state health departmentment approximately 60-90 days before expiration.  Please wait for this information before attempting to extend your card.

Can I change my designated caregiver?

It is possible to change your designated caregiver, given the proper application and supporting documents.

Will my designated caregiver have to get an extension also?

Yes. Caregiver information will be included on the extension form that is sent to you. If you have a designated caregiver, you must extend their registry card at the same time.

What happens if my registry identification card expires before I am able to send in my extension form?

In most cases, if the state does not receive your extension within 10-14 days of expiration, you may need to submit a new application.

What is the fee for extending my medical cannabis registry card?
Your Medical Cannabis Registry Identification Card Application is valid for up to three years. You may choose to extend your registry card by selecting a one-year card or a two-year card:
Extension Fee Reduced Extension Fee *
$100 — One-Year Registry Card $50 — One-Year Registry Card
$200 — Two-Year Registry Card $100 — Two-Year Registry Card
*The reduced fee is for qualifying patients enrolled in the Federal Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability programs, or Veterans.

If you paid a reduced application fee previously, you do NOT need to send a copy of your SSI/SSDI letter or DD214 with your extension form.

If you paid the full application fee during your initial application, but qualify for a reduced fee now, you must attach a copy of your DD214 or “Benefit Verification” letter from the Social Security Administration.

After each three-year cycle, you will be required to submit a new application along with a physician certification, a fingerprint background check, a new photo and other documentation to extend your registry identification card.

Can I extend my registry identification card on-line?
No. You must extend your registry identification card using the paper form which will be sent to you in the mail.
Can I extend my registration card?

Certifications are valid for one year after your medical cannabis registration is approved. We recommend that you to make an appointment before the expiration date so that you can be re-evaluated and obtain a renewal of your physician certification for your Illinois Medical Cannabis Card.

What is the cost of the application fees for the registry card?

Qualifying patients and caregivers may apply for a one-, two-, or three-year registry identification card. Persons who are receiving Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and veterans may be eligible for a reduced application fee.


Application Fee Reduced Application Fee
❏$100 – One-Year Registry Card ❏$50 – One-Year Registry Card
❏$200 – Two-Year Registry Card ❏$100 – Two-Year Registry Card
❏$250 – Three-Year Registry Card ❏$125 – Three-Year Registry Card


In order to enter or make a purchase of medical cannabis at a licensed dispensary or assist a registered qualifying patient with the use of medical cannabis, the designated caregiver must have a registry identification card.

❏$25 – One-Year Registry Card
❏$50 – Two-Year Registry Card
❏$75 – Caregiver applying separately for a patient who has already been registered(the expiration date for the caregiver and the patient card will be the same)

Qualifying Patients enrolled in SSDI or SSI – Submit a “Benefit Verification Letter” from the Social Security Administration that shows your name and address and the type of benefits that are received. This letter must be dated within the last year. You can get this letter by using your My Social Security account online at My Social Security Account.

*Veterans who receive health services at a Veteran’s Administration (VA) facility are not required to obtain a physician’s written certification, but must submit 12 months of VA records to the Department with their application.

Will my insurance company cover the certification process, consultation or medical cannabis application?

No. At this time nothing in the law requires any health insurance provider, or any government agency or authority, to reimburse any person for the expenses of the medical use of cannabis.

How do I register as a medical cannabis patient with the state of Illinois?

A qualifying patient would have to submit a signed, written certification issued by the physician who confirms the patient has a debilitating medical condition. The certification would have to specify the debilitating medical condition and be made in the course of a physician-patient relationship after the physician had completed a full assessment of the patient’s medical history. If the qualifying patient were under 18 years of age, the patient’s custodial parent or legal guardian would have to submit written certifications from two physicians, and the custodial parent or legal guardian would have to consent in writing to control the patient’s medical use of the cannabis. If you need a doctor, call us to schedule an appointment.

How do I obtain my medical records?

You can simplify the process by calling your physician or hospital where you received diagnosis and treatment and tell them you need hard copies or a pdf of your medical records. Pdf forms can be emailed to you from your doctor’s office.

I forgot my username or password. What should I do?

Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. There is a link on the registration page that allows you to request an email with your username or to request an email that allows you to reset your password. When you request a new password, you will receive an email that takes you to the page that allows you to enter a new password and re-enter it as confirmation. The link in this email will only work once and expires 24 hours after you request it. You will need to use a computer (not a tablet or a phone) to reset your password.

Do I Need To Create a Username For My Registry Account?

No. Your username will be the email address associated with your account. Each Registrant account will have its own unique username. NOTE: Changing your email address will also change your username. Please be aware of any autofill settings your web browser may have.

Can The Same Email Address Be Used For a Patient Profile and a Caregiver Profile?
  • Only if a patient registers using their caregiver’s email address. In that scenario, the patient’s registration cannot be activated until after the caregiver’s registrant profile is created, the caregiver is linked to the patient by the physician, and the caregiver’s registration is approved by the Board of Pharmacy. Otherwise, all registrants must use a unique email address for their account.

What if a Patient Does Not Have an Email Account, But Wants to Use The Email Address of a Family Member Who Will Not Be Serving As Their Caregiver?
  • Individuals registering as a patient should use a trusted email address that can be easily accessed.

As a Patient, How Can I View The List Of My Associated Caregivers? Or, As a Caregiver, How Can I View The List of My Associated Patients?
  • On the Registry Details section of your Registry page, if you are registered as a patient, there is a tab that says “Caregivers”; if you are registered as a caregiver, there is a tab that says “Patients”. Click the tab, and the list of caregivers or patients will be displayed.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events